In a 1990 report, the non-partisan U.S. General Accounting Office found “a pattern of evidence indicating racial disparities in the charging, sentencing, and imposition of the death penalty.” The study concluded that a defendant was several times more likely to be sentenced to death if the murder victim was white. This has been confirmed by the findings of many other studies that, holding all other factors constant, the single most reliable predictor of whether someone will be sentenced to death is the race of the victim.
- A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.
- A January 2003 study released by the University of Maryland concluded that race and geography are major factors in death penalty decisions. Specifically, prosecutors are more likely to seek a death sentence when the race of the victim is white and are less likely to seek a death sentence when the victim is African-American.
- A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring.
Yes, black America still lives on the brink of fear. For all the progress we have made, dues we have paid, degrees we have acquired and presidencies we have won, we can all recite the story of the father, son, daughter or niece who has gone from citizen to suspect in an instant — the son frisked, the cousin shoved against the car, the uncle badly beaten — and, more often than should be, the nephew convicted of a crime he didn’t commit or, worse, shot dead by the police.
Lots of News Corp. on there and a former congressman (last 5 presented with quote because Tumblr only allows 10 photos in a set apparently)
1. New York Post (Owned by Rupert Murdoch)
2 & 3. Ann Coulter (Gets paid by News Corp.)
7. Tammy Bruce (Gets paid by News Corp.)
10. Frank Fleming
“Women are killed for breaking religious laws that I am told to “coexist” with & people are going crazy abt a convicted cop-killer? #huh?
12. Neal Boortz
“Is Troy Davis dead yet? Can we speed this thing up? I have a drink ready to toast this cop killer gonig charlie tango”
13. Jake Bradford
“Will there ever be a trending RIP for a white cop-killer death row inmate? Maybe the 5th of never……..”
“The people so anxious to return this sociopathic cop-killer to the streets don’t live in his neighborhood”
“Am I the only one who thinks even if Troy Davis wasn’t guilty of this crime he was probably guilty of another? So good riddance!”
In case you forgot what a horrible, disgusting, piece of shit ann coulter is.
OK, bitch, now I am fucking trolling your ass.
I feel sick.
Who the fuck is this demonic witch ??? O_O
This has got to be fake. But going to the site…it’s apparently not.
What a horrible human being.
This is why this is infuriating! There’s a legacy in the South of black people being lynched and their bodies were burned during or afterword. This woman knows what she’s saying and she’s saying it on purpose. She’s not ignorant, she’s just trying to be relevant again. And she’s using another human being and lynching-language to create controversy so everyone will pay attention to her!.
The struggle for justice doesn’t end with me. This struggle is for all the Troy Davises who came before me and all the ones who will come after me. I’m in good spirits and I’m prayerful and at peace. But I will not stop fighting until I’ve taken my last breath. Georgia is prepared to snuff out the life of an innocent man.